Being a mom ain’t easy and neither is making breakfast, lunch and dinner all the time. Luckily, here at Cardiff Blogger, we work to provide you wonderful all- recipes that can be turn into a delicious family meal. We’ve put together 5 recipes for busy (working) mums, that are easy and contain just a couple of ingredients.
Crockpot ranch chicken tacos is a family favorite! It’s a quick, yummy recipe and the whole family will love it! The chicken you use in this recipe doesn’t have to be limited to making tacos either. Feel free to use it in burritos, taco bowls, taco salad, tostados, etc.
If you wanna make this for a freezer meal, place all the ingredients in a freezer bag and freeze. Then, the next morning toss it in the slow cooker. For toppings, I usually use cheese, sour cream, avocado and a squeeze of lime.
All you need is these 4 ingredients:
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into chunks
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix or homemade
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix or homemade
- 14 ounces chicken broth
- Add all ingredients to 3-quart crock-pot.
- Stir well to combine.
- Cook on hig for 3 hours (longer if chicken is frozen)
- Once chicken is fully cooked, drain off extra liquid.
- Serve in tortillas or taco shells with your favorite toppings.
Orange chicken is a dish that is universally loved, as it tastes a lot like the fast food favorite, but it’s made at home in your slow cooker with less oil. I’m sure it will become a family favorite and it’s perfect for a busy weeknight! The end result is an amazing dinner that tastes a lot like a classic Chinese restaurant dish.
This slow cooker orange chicken is actually breaded chunks of chicken tossed in a sweet and savoury Asian sauce and cooked in the crock pot. It is best served over a bowl of steamed rice.
Place your chicken chunks in the slow cooker, and make the sauce out of orange marmalade, soy sauce and sesame oil. Then get the sauce tossed with the chicken and let the whole thing cook for a few hours on low.
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- cooking spray
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the chicken pieces in a bowl. Add the cornstarch and salt and pepper. Toss to coat the chicken in the cornstarch mixture.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Add the chicken in a single layer and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until browned.
- Coat a slow cooker with cooking spray and add the chicken to the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the orange marmalade, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil and garlic.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and gently stir to coat.
- Cook on low for 2-3 hours.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions, then serve.
This is one of my favorite soups, as it’s very flavorful, easy to make, pretty quick and doesn’t need many ingredients. Your family will love it!
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 4 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (1 pound) loaf processed cheese food, cubed
- 2/3 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups milk
In a stockpot, melt butter over medium heat. Cook onion in butter until softened. Stir in broccoli, and cover with chicken broth. Simmer until broccoli is tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
Reduce heat, and stir in cheese cubes until melted. Mix in milk and garlic powder.
In a small bowl, stir cornstarch into water until dissolved. Stir into soup; cook, stirring frequently, until thick.
You’re super busy and the kids are hungry! This 5-ingredient mini pizzas are so easy, fool-proof and completely delicious!
1 cup pizza sauce
4 Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for burritos (8 inch)
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
36 mini pepperonis
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Lightly oil a 12-cup muffin tin or coat with nonstick spray.
- Working one at a time, lay tortilla on a flat surface. Using an empty can, cut 3-4 medium circles, pressing firmly enough in a rocking motion to cut through the tortilla.
- Fit a tortilla circle into each of 12 muffin tins, pressing carefully to make sure there is an opening in the center. Scoop 1 tablespoon pizza sauce into each muffin tin. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses, topping with 3 mini pepperonis each.
- Place into oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe is a favorite in our house and is easy to make with your kids! It can also be sltered based on what you have available at your home. It’s so good! Cooked rotisserie chicken from the store makes it easier yet to put together on a busy night. You can also use corn tortillas.
3 cups shredded cooked chicken
1 cup chicken broth
2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
12 corn tortillas, warmed
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, chilies, broth, soups and onion; set aside.
- Layer half of the tortillas in a greased 13×9-in. baking dish, cutting to fit pan if desired.
- Top with half of the chicken mixture and half of the cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Cover and freeze unbaked casserole. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°.